Now that we’ve gotten the dreaded Monday out of the way, you can pat yourself on the back for getting through it, and move on to a brighter Tuesday.
By applying the affirmations that we’ve listed below, we can begin to cultivate a positive change in our lives.
Repeating affirmations to yourself aloud can help to set you up for a wonderful week full of joy and success. They help to reinforce the fact that each day we can make a choice, and choose happiness as our dominant emotion.
To find some great affirmations you can use this Tuesday, keep reading below as we take a look.
What Are Positive Affirmations?
Before we move on to take a look at some positive affirmations you can apply this Tuesday, first let’s take a look at what exactly positive affirmations consist of.
Essentially, a positive affirmation is a statement that you make about yourself, which affirms and positive qualities or aspects you have.
You can repeat these affirmations to yourself in the comfort of your own home, and by speaking them verbally, you’re declaring them to yourself.
The more a positive affirmation is repeated, the more effective it becomes. As we continually repeat positive affirmations to ourselves, we eventually begin to believe and trust in them.
This is why positive affirmations are such a powerful tool for remedying low self worth and negative viewpoints. It is a relatively new tool in the mental health world, and focuses on words as opposed to action.
How Does It Work?
Various studies have been conducted into the act of repeating positive affirmations to ourselves, one of which took place in the Neuroscience lab in Pennsylvania.
Their study found that repeating positive affirmations to yourself engages a part of your brain called the prefrontal cortex.
This is the part of your brain that is responsible for ‘self-related processing’, in other words, how we view ourselves.
Their study concluded that positive affirmations could help massively in terms of preventing your brain from going into a cascade of negative thoughts.
This means that if you want to change the narrative of your brain, and start seeing yourself as the positive shining light that you are, positive affirmations could be a great way to achieve this.
30 Tuesday Affirmations
Now that we’ve taken a look at the science behind positive affirmations, let’s move on to take a look at some great ones you can use this Tuesday for a happy and successful day.
- No past Tuesday will define me today. Today is a brand new start.
- I am thankful to be alive today.
- I chose contentment today.
- I feel great that I get to live this healthy, abundant life.
- Tomorrow, I will wake up with prosperity on my mind.
- I already have everything that I need to succeed, I do not require anything else.
- I continue to grow and flourish each and every day.
- Tonight, I will get a good night’s rest and wake up fresh.
- I feel productive merely by existing.
- I make others happy purely by existing.
- Today I did the best that I could.
- My best is always enough, I don’t need to do anything more than this.
- Things that hurt me make me wiser and stronger.
- My positive energy radiates from my being.
- Anything that life throws at me, I can handle.
- I have a clear mind.
- I feel compassion toward others.
- Things I do not yet understand, I will learn in time.
- Life is a journey, and it’s okay if I don’t know the direction I’m headed yet.
- I am willing to learn new things.
- I can be whoever I want to be today.
- I have a strong mind and body.
- I chose happiness today.
- All of those around me are on their own path, I don’t have to follow them all.
- I am happy I have people around me who love me.
- I make a positive difference in other people’s lives.
- My will is strong.
- I can achieve anything in time.
- Life is a blessing.
- I am an intelligent being.
What If Repeating Positive Affirmations Makes Me Feel Strange?
If this is your first time repeating some positive affirmations like the ones we have listed above, then you might notice that it feels a little strange or uncomfortable at first. Don’t worry though, because we’re here to assure you that this is completely normal.
When we first start using positive affirmations after a lifetime of using negative language surrounding ourselves, it’s no surprise that it feels counterintuitive.
It can feel like an incredibly awkward experience, especially because you’re speaking aloud. It has been described as being similar to praying for the first time.
Those who suffer from imposter syndrome, which means that you don’t feel worthy of your achievements, will also find it a strange experience. You might feel like you’re trying to convince yourself of these statements and they’re not really true.
The fact that you might feel this way in the first place shows that you’re in dire need of positive affirmations.
The more you practice positive affirmations over time, the more natural they’ll become, and you’ll lose that uncomfortable feeling that you had at the beginning.
How Do You Start Using Positive Affirmations?
Many of us aren’t sure where to get started when we begin our journey of positive affirmations. But don’t worry, nothing could be easier.
The first thing you’ll need to do is to have your list of positive affirmations easily accessible. As you read through various positive affirmations here and on other places on the internet, you’ll start to come across ones that really resonate with you.
After you’ve found some affirmations that you like, you’ll need to either print them out, have them in your notes on your phone, or physically write them down in a notebook.
This last idea is great, because as you write them down, you’ll be absorbing them into your psyche.
After you’ve done this, you’ll need to find a safe space in your home, that is completely quiet and free of any distractions.
Starting the practice of positive affirmations can feel strange enough as it is, so the last thing you want is feeling as though others are listening in.
Perhaps your quiet space is your bedroom, or your office, or the living room. Wherever it is, sit there each day and begin repeating the affirmations to yourself.
Make sure that you’re saying them aloud, instead of just in your head, because the vocal aspect is key for absorbing them into our brains.
You can repeat them as many times as you need to, until you start to feel a natural flow. The minimum time that you should repeat your affirmations is five times.
They should be repeated throughout the day too, so it’s a good idea to do it in the morning, afternoon, and evening if you’re able to.
Remember that the way in which positive affirmations work is through repetition. The more that we repeat these things to ourselves, the faster our brain will begin to believe them.
You’ll also need to make sure that you don’t skip out on any days, and that you’re conducting this process throughout the week.
What Are The Benefits Of Positive Affirmations?
Now that we’ve spoken about how you can apply positive affirmations to your daily life, now let’s move on to discuss some of the benefits of affirmations, and how they can help to transform your life.
- First of all, positive affirmations have actually been scientifically proven to reduce stress. Stress is often a result of the narrative that we tell ourselves, with thoughts such as ‘I can’t cope’. When we change the way that we speak to ourselves, we can significantly decrease our stress levels.
- They can help us to lead healthier lives. When we feel more positively about ourselves, we naturally gain a greater respect for our physical bodies. Positive affirmations have been known to increase people’s physical activity levels through exercise, as well as prompting people to eat healthier too.
- Positive affirmations have been linked to academic success in students. Those who repeated positive affirmations to themselves on a daily basis were more likely to achieve better grades in school.
- They can help us to make long term changes, and gradually alter our view of ourselves. This reduces anxiety and depression.
As we can see above, positive affirmations are essential if you want to make positive changes in your life. Simply take a look at some of the ones we have listed above, and choose your favorites.
Repeating them five times, and three times a day can gradually begin to make a positive change in your life.
- How To Get Out Of Your Head - October 4, 2022
- How To Reinvent Yourself? - October 4, 2022
- How To Start Over? - October 4, 2022