It can be really awful to suffer from low self-esteem and confidence. It really makes life feel a lot harder, and it can be almost impossible to think positively about anything… especially yourself.
There are lots of things that you can do to help yourself gain a bit more self-confidence, and one technique that is quite helpful and popular is using affirmations.
Affirmations are short and powerful statements that help you live in the present moment and train your brain to think more positively. You can think of affirmations as quotes or even mantras that are designed to help you think positively.
Some people think they dont work, while others swear by them, so you’ll have to try them out for yourself!
If you’re looking for a way to gain some more self-confidence, then you have come to the right place! We’ve put together a list of self-confidence affirmations that will help you feel and think more positively about your body, mind, and even your relationships.
30 Self-Confidence Positive Affirmations
In order to feel better and more confident about yourself, you have to start thinking better and more confidently! There are so many different types of affirmations for different things, and self-confidence is definitely no exception!
These affirmations will help you gain self-confidence in all the main areas where it might be lacking. Try some of these out for yourself and what how much the opinion of yourself changes. Once you think more positively about yourself, it will become your reality.
Self-Confidence Affirmations For The Body
First, let’s look at some affirmations that will make you more confident about your body. While looks aren’t everything, if you look at your body in a more loving and positive way, your confidence will skyrocket.
These affirmations are designed to help you love your body, so you can feel more confident about your whole self. So let’s take a look at them!
- My body is a temple and I am so grateful for it
- My body is healthy, my body is beautiful and I am so grateful for that
- It is normal to feel unconfident from time to time, but it is just a phase
- I am strong and healthy
- My body deserves all my love and I give it freely
- I accept the way I look and I am thankful for it
- There is nothing wrong with my body and it is perfect just the way it is
- I take care of my body so it can be as healthy as possible
- I am thankful for my body for carrying and supporting me
- I am so thankful to the universe for my body
Self-Confidence Affirmations For The Mind
Now we have talked about the body, let’s talk a bit about the mind. The mind is an extremely powerful tool, and if it’s in a negative place, this can affect everything in our lives.
A lot of your unconfidence actually stems from your brain making you doubtful, but if you implement these affirmations into your life, you’ll actually train yourself to be more confident. Let’s take a look at the affirmations now!
- My mind is unique and wonderful
- I only focus on the positive, there is no room for negativity in my mind
- I am confident and I deserve to be happy
- I accept my weaknesses and I know I can improve on them
- No matter what, I am perfect just the way I am
- It’s ok to feel a lack of confidence, but it isn’t permanent
- Even when I am down, I can choose happiness
- Happiness and confidence come really easy to me
- I am always learning and always growing and I am thankful for that
- I am successful and my confidence radiates from me
Self-Confidence Affirmations For Relationships
And finally, let’s talk about relationship affirmations. It might surprise you that this would be a subject for self-confidence, but you’d be surprised by how much the people around you actually have an effect on it.
Surrounding yourself with positive, friendly people will do wonders for your self-confidence. On the flip side though, if you are surrounded by negative, unfriendly people, they can drastically decrease your confidence and self-worth.
Let’s take a look at some affirmations that fit into this category!
- I only have time for positive relationships
- I let go of any relationships that bring my confidence down
- I always see the good in others
- I do not compare myself to others because we are all unique and different
- I am a good person, and I surround myself with other good people
- I spend my time with good, honest, and positive people
- The people in my life love me unconditionally, and I love them
- I only surround myself with genuine and honest people
- My relationships are my strength
- I do not let others cross my boundaries
Can Affirmations Really Help With Self-Confidence?
You might be a little dubious about how legit affirmations are in terms of your self confidence and that’s ok!
It can seem a bit crazy to think that just saying statements is going to help you feel confident again, but you’d be pleasantly surprised to know it does work.
Affirmations work hand in hand with manifesting, and in order to manifest anything, you first have to believe in yourself and what you want.
In this case, if you believe that you are confident, then over time you will be confident. Training your mind to think more positively will naturally make you more positive. It might seem like there’s some catch to this way of thinking, but there honestly isn’t!
When you are suffering from a lack of confidence or your self-esteem is quite bad, you will subconsciously be hearing a lot of negative thoughts in your mind. How you feel subconsciously actually has a dramatic effect on how you feel consciously.
Think about it- if you are constantly putting yourself down or thinking negative thoughts, how is there meant to be any room left for positivity? This is why affirmations are a great way to get out of that negative mindset.
It will take a couple of weeks to settle in and get used to it, but you will condition your brain to think more positively, which in turn will make you happier, and your confidence will be restored.
Be patient with the process of affirmations! They are not meant to be rushed and they only really work if you believe in them and yourself. So give yourself time to adapt and work with them.
Tips & Tricks To Help You With Your Affirmations
While you can just say the affirmations to yourself, it doesn’t hurt to have a bit of extra help.
Try out these tips when you are practicing your affirmations, as they will make the whole process a bit easier to get used to and you’ll be able to find a flow and routine that works best for you.
- Say the affirmations how you want to. You can say them out loud, but if you don’t feel comfortable doing this, experiment with other ways. Some other popular ways people use affirmations is by thinking about them or meditating on them, and another great way is to get a journal or a notebook and write your affirmations down.
- Take your time with the affirmations. You don’t want to rush when you are saying your affirmations. It’s so important that you take your time with them and really let your mind absorb them. This is why a lot of people say their affirmations during meditation or even a journaling session. Say them as many times as you need to as well. There is no limit or right or wrong way!
- Make the affirmations relevant to you. Above everything else, you need to make sure any affirmations that you use are relevant to you and your own personal situation. Affirmations are incredibly powerful tools and they are deeply personal. So you can take the affirmations we have listed and change the wording up to fit your own personal situation however you need to. Don’t be afraid to try and make up your own affirmations from scratch either!
- Believe in yourself and what you are saying. We have briefly touched on this already, but this is so important to understand when you’re working with affirmations. In order for them to work and for you to feel more positive, you have to believe in the words. This does take practice, and it will feel a bit silly doing affirmations at first, but once you get used to them, you will start to believe them and see a wonderful change in your quality of life.
Regaining self-confidence can be a tremendous challenge, but once you do, your quality of life improves dramatically. Affirmations are a great and simple way to implement positivity into your life and they don’t require too much work.
Try some of these self-confidence affirmations today and don’t be afraid to change them up and personalize them to fit your own personal situation!