You will likely already know this by now, but being a student can be hard work.
Not only do you have to do your best when it comes to studying and exams, but being young, you will also want to find time to have fun.
It can often feel like the whole weight of the world is on your shoulders, but it does not have to be like this.
Affirmations are a good way to take stock of where you are at in life, and where you want to be. Using affirmations on a daily basis can bring a lot of positive energy into your life.
So, among all the deadlines and exam prep, let’s take a look at affirmations and how they can help you, but also we have given you 30 positive affirmations to use as a student – right now!
30 Affirmations For Students To Use Right Now
- I am currently exactly where I need to be.
- I deserve to do well and to be at ease.
- All my work has been done to the best of my ability.
- It is okay to take breaks and it does not mean I am slacking off.
- Obstacles that are put in my way are opportunities to challenge myself.
- All this hard work means I am getting closer every day to my dream career.
- I am super thankful that I am able to be a student and have the opportunity to learn.
- I am making the most out of the experience of being a student.
- I am grateful for the support around me from family and friends.
- Every day I am inspired by those who are successful in my chosen job field.
- Positive vibes will attract positivity all around me.
- I have found a balance between study and play to make sure my mental health is not suffering.
- I am supportive of others, whether they are my friends or not, who also want to do well.
- Everything will fall into place, no matter how difficult life may seem right now.
- I will take constructive feedback on board and use it to make sure I do the best I can.
- I am not defined by any negative thoughts I may have.
- Every time I go to class I do so with a positive outlook and mind.
- Being happy is a choice that I make every single day.
- I shall focus on my end goal to get to where I want to be in life.
- Every day I motivate myself to work to the best of my ability.
- Obstacles that come my way motivate me to both grow and learn.
- The work I did today was the best I could have done, and because of that, I feel really good about my future.
- I am strong and confident enough to finish my work and see it through to the end.
- All this effort will have been worth it to enjoy the career I want to partake in.
- I am always open to learning lots of new things, whether in my field of study or otherwise.
- While studying is my life’s path right now, it does not have to be my whole life.
- I will always choose to be both loving and kind to those around me.
- I will not self-criticize myself and instead will only be positive.
- I am currently on top of every piece of work that needs to be done.
- I deserve to achieve my dreams so long as I put the hard work first.
Why Use Affirmations As A Student?
Being a student can be a really difficult time in your life.
From having to prepare for exams, to doing coursework and finding time to revise and have fun, it can feel like there is a whole lot of weight on your shoulders.
Using affirmations can be a great way to spend a minute or two of your time each day putting things into perspective. Not only can affirmations give you focus and allow you to destress, but they can also motivate you.
Motivation is a big deal when it comes to being a student after all, as without it, it can be difficult to get work done. At the end of the day, you are studying to achieve a goal, and that is to get the career you desire.
While affirmations cannot necessarily manifest your chosen career, they can help you to stay organized and focused.
Is Affirmation The Same As Manifesting?
While they both might appear to look and sound the same, they actually are not. Affirmations focus entirely on what you already know. For example:
“Every day I motivate myself to work to the best of my ability.”
Affirmations help you to take stock of how you feel and can put your emotions in check. They allow you to stay organized without letting negative thoughts impact your day-to-day life.
Manifestation on the other hand is about working towards something you desire. For example:
“Everyday I am improving my motivation skills in order to work better. I have created a plan to do so which will see me fulfilling my dream of becoming a doctor.”
A manifestation is longer, and less focused in the now. It is a vague yet thorough plan of what you are doing to achieve a particular goal – the thing you are looking to manifest into your life.
How Do You Know An Affirmation Is Working?
You may be tempted to pick out a random affirmation from the list above and say it to yourself one morning. However, while nothing bad is going to happen, you may not get anything out of it on a personal level.
When it comes to choosing an affirmation, you will want to make sure it fits in with your current way of life.
If you feel happy, positive and reassured after saying the affirmation, then it is the right one to use for you.
Affirmations can help you to change the way you feel about yourself and a situation. You will notice over time that there will be a positive change.
Perhaps exam stress will not bother you as much, or at the very least, you will feel more prepared to take an exam on.
Can You Use Affirmations As A Student?
Of course you can use affirmations as a student. In fact, it is fully encouraged for you to do so. Using affirmations to help you to stay positive is only a good thing.
As a student, you may find that negative thoughts creep into your mind a lot more frequently, especially during times of stress and high pressure.
To avoid such situations, using affirmations (as well as manifesting) can really help your situation.
How To Use Affirmations?
There are many ways to use affirmations, but the best way is to do whatever suits you.
More often than not, people spend time saying their affirmation(s) in the morning while they get ready for the day.
This can help to boost some positive energy into the beginning of your day so you can carry it with you. And again, an affirmation may be said again before bed to take you into a happy and positive sleep.
The last thing you want is to go to sleep feeling restless and negative! You are more likely to have a bad sleep, and wake up feeling worse for wear.
However, it really is up to you when you feel like it is best to say affirmations. Find a time that feels good to you, and when you need it most.
There are no limits. So whether you want to say an affirmation in the morning and evening, you can also say one in the afternoon.
Another great time to say an affirmation is during times of negativity. Often we may find negative thoughts beginning to creep into our minds.
When this happens, use a positive affirmation to change the narrative.
Over time this may eradicate certain negative thoughts that you have about yourself.
You can also write down affirmations into a journal if you feel too embarrassed saying them aloud (or you have roommates).
Having a journal will allow you to keep a track on the affirmations that you have written, as well as make it easier for you to look back on them.
Also, journaling is a great thing to do as a student. You may find it releases tension and stress.
Going to school and college can be a stressful time in our lives. With having to balance both work and play, it can be difficult to figure out when to have fun and when to study.
Staying positive is one of the best things you can do. By telling yourself affirmations each day, you can learn to stay positive and do well.
So, whether you are in your senior year at school, or you have just started college, then sticking to positivity through affirmations may just help you to secure that dream job.
- How To Get Out Of Your Head - October 4, 2022
- How To Reinvent Yourself? - October 4, 2022
- How To Start Over? - October 4, 2022