Negative thoughts can really take a toll on a person after so long. When you are constantly having negative thoughts, it can bring down your whole quality of life and in a lot of cases, it takes away the beauty and fun of living.
One of the best ways to get out of the negative rut is to practice gratitude. It is a fantastic way to give thanks to yourself, your life, and the people around you, and if you practice it enough, you’ll find that negative thoughts don’t have the same impact that they used to.
If you are looking for a way to start practicing gratitude, one of the best and most simple ways to start is by using affirmations.
They are short statements that are incredibly powerful and can drastically change your outlook on life. They work hand in hand with manifesting and they can train your subconscious into thinking more positively.
We have put together a list of 30 gratitude affirmations that you need to try for yourself. Once you implement these affirmations into your daily life, you will see a huge improvement in the way you think.
What Is Gratitude?
So, what even is gratitude? Gratitude is quite simply the practice of taking time out of your day to show thanks for what you have in your life.
It can be something small that happened that day, or it can be something you’ve been working on getting for a long time, or it could simply be giving thanks for the fact you are alive.
By giving thanks and being grateful for what you have in your life, it puts you in a much more positive mindset and you will train your subconscious mind to be thankful too.
Gratitude is a great way to think more positively, live in the moment, and it just generally makes life way more pleasant.
More often than not, we always think the grass is greener on the other side, so we tend to take for granted everything we already have.
Gratitude gives us the ability to take some time out of our day to realize we have a lot, and even the smallest things we have are worth celebrating.
When we feel grateful for something, this tends to reflect on the world. If you’re grateful for your health, you’re more likely to stay healthy.
If you are grateful for the people in your life, they are more likely to stick around. Practicing gratitude actually works really well when you are trying to manifest things, so if you’re finding manifesting hard, try practicing gratitude first!
30 Gratitude Affirmations You Need Today
There are so many different ways you can practice gratitude, but affirmations are one of the most common and powerful ways.
Gratitude affirmations allow you to live in the present moment and really take into account everything you are thankful for. You will be filled with a warm and happy feeling after you have used these affirmations.
Morning Gratitude Affirmations
One of the best times of the day to practice gratitude is actually when you wake up in the morning. This is a great way to start your day positively. You’ll find you have a bit more energy and overall, you’ll just feel happier.
Here are some great morning gratitude affirmations for you to try:
- I am thankful for waking up today
- I am thankful for being able to enjoy this cup of tea/coffee this morning
- I am grateful that I have the whole day to seize and mold into what I want
- Today is an opportunity to make my dreams a reality
- I am thankful for feeling healthy and strong today
- I am thankful for the sunrise and nature that is all around me
- Today is a blessing that I am thankful for
- I am thankful for the possibilities today will present me with
- I am happy and full of energy and I am thankful for that
- I am thankful for the freedom to make this day my own
Nighttime Gratitude Affirmations
Another great time of day to practice gratitude is at nighttime. If you are looking for a way to relax and unwind after a long day, nighttime gratitude affirmations are your best bet.
You can already be in bed and all you have to do is think about what you are grateful and thankful for. Here are some great nighttime gratitude affirmations for you to try:
- I am thankful for everything today has taught me
- I am grateful for having a bed to sleep on and a roof over my head
- I am thankful for making it through today
- Today has been filled with love and peace and for that I am grateful
- I am thankful that the universe helped me overcome the stresses of today
- I am grateful for the opportunity to start again tomorrow
- I put in my best efforts to make today great and I am thankful that I can now rest
- I am thankful that I got to spend today with those I love
- Life is a beautiful experience and I am so grateful for getting to experience it
- Even though today has been hard, I am grateful I had the strength to get through it
Gratitude Affirmations For Love
There are lots of other ways you can use gratitude affirmations. Love is another popular subject to use when you are expressing gratitude. When we express love and gratitude together, it can make us feel like we are on top of the world.
It’s normal to have moments where we feel alone, but gratitude in affirmations for love can help us remember that we have an abundance of love in our lives. So let’s take a look at some love affirmations now:
- I am surrounded by people that love me and for that I am grateful
- I love and respect myself, and those around me love and respect me too
- I am eternally grateful for being able to express love to those around me
- I am grateful for the love I have received today
- I am thankful for the universe for surrounding me with people that love me
- No matter how hard things get, the love I experience will always help me get through whatever hardships I face
- I choose to love myself unconditionally and I am thankful that I can
- The people in my life are a blessing to me and I am eternally grateful for them
- I deserve to be loved
- I am grateful for the abundance in my life
You can use gratitude affirmations in pretty much any way and in any situation. These 30 affirmations are perfect for you to start with if you’ve never practiced gratitude before.
You’ll find that you feel a lot better once you practice these affirmations and you will feel less negativity too.
The Benefits Of Practicing Gratitude
There are plenty of benefits to practicing gratitude. Not only does it make you feel happier and overall better, but it also has a positive effect on your physical and mental health. Let’s take a look at some of the benefits of practicing gratitude here:
It Reduces Anxiety & Depression
Practicing gratitude actually reduces the effects of anxiety and depression. Never underestimate the power of a healthy and positive mindset!
When anxiety and depression are bad, they can cause the brain to think negatively. The more negative thoughts we have, the worse we feel.
Gratitude naturally trains your brain to be more thankful and positive, so this means you have less time and space to be negative. If you want to reduce your anxiety and depression, having a gratitude practice is a great way to go.
You Gravitate To Healthier Practices
Research into gratitude has shown that people who are more grateful and have a more positive outlook on life are more likely to engage in other behaviors that promote health.
You’re more likely to eat healthier foods and exercise more frequently, which in turn will keep your body and mind healthy.
Your Self-Worth Will Increase
Gratitude also heavily increases your own self-worth. When you are in a place of negativity or you are a bit self-conscious about some aspects of your life, this will naturally decrease the way you feel about yourself.
Practicing gratitude trains your brain to see yourself in a more positive light, and in turn, your self-worth will get better. You will see yourself in a more positive light and the insecurities you feel won’t be as prominent.
There really is no downside to gratitude. When it is implemented into your life and daily routine, it drastically improves the quality in which you live.
You will feel better, you’ll think better, your relationships will be stronger, and you’ll see yourself in a positive light.
Try these gratitude affirmations out for yourself and watch how much your life transforms. It may take a bit of practice at first, but once you get used to using gratitude in your life, you won’t be disappointed!
If you enjoyed this article, you might like our post ‘30 Affirmations For Happiness You Need Today‘.