When it comes to self-care a great way to implement it into your life is through the use of affirmations. Affirmations are powerful statements that help you think more positively and they generally give you a better sense of your self-worth.
There are so many different types of affirmations, some for specific times of the day, others for things like love or money, but today we are going to be talking about bedtime affirmations.
Whether you have trouble sleeping, or you just want to help yourself sleep more soundly, there are plenty of bedtime affirmations that you can use. We’ll be going over 30 of these affirmations right here, so you will be sleeping soundly in no time at all!
What Are Bedtime Affirmations?
Like normal affirmations, bedtime affirmations are short, to-the-point phrases or mantras specifically about sleep and other related bedtime things.
They help you put your mind into a positive state, and they will get you relaxed before bedtime. If you suffer from anxiety or you find it hard to settle your mind down before bed, affirmations can really help you remove any negative thoughts from your mind.
Bedtime affirmations are specifically designed to put your mind in a positive place and help you think more positively.
Affirmations work hand in hand with manifestation, so if you are trying to manifest better sleep, then you should definitely include these affirmations in your nighttime routine!
30 Bedtime Affirmations You Need Today
Each of these bedtime affirmations will help you get much better sleep and they will calm your mind down dramatically.
Affirmations do take a bit of time to get used to, especially if you have never used them before, but once you get into the habit, you will see your quality of life drastically improve. So let’s take a look at the affirmations now!
Bedtime Affirmations To Relax Your Body & Mind
The main thing you need to do when you want a good night’s sleep is learning to calm both your body and mind. Once you are relaxed enough, you will naturally start to fall asleep. These affirmations are specifically great for doing just that.
You can say these affirmations out loud or you can simply lay down in your bed. Repeat these affirmations as many times as you need before you are ready to sleep.
- My body and mind are relaxed
- My eyes are heavy and my body is tired and I am ready to sleep
- I have accomplished everything I set out to do today, so now I can rest
- My mind and body are still and comfortable
- I feel sleepy and allow myself the chance to rest
- My eyes are closing with ease and soon I shall be asleep
- I can let go of today and give myself the rest it deserves
- Tonight I shall have a good rest and tomorrow I shall have all the energy I need for the day
- I will not fight the anxiety to sleep, instead, I just let it go
- I deserve to sleep and be well rested.
Bedtime Affirmations To Help With Nightmares
If you suffer from nightmares, this can drastically affect how well you sleep. Nightmares can be incredibly scary and stressful, and if you suffer from them frequently, this might be what is causing you to get anxious before bed.
Luckily, there are plenty of affirmations you can use to ward off nightmares and help you get a better night of sleep. Let’s take a look at some you can use now!
- I have nothing to fear, and I will sleep soundly
- My nightmares don’t control me, I am the architect of my dreams
- No matter what, I am safe and the universe will protect me as I sleep
- Nightmares are not real, so I have nothing to fear
- If a nightmare wakes me up, I will be able to get back to sleep with no effort
- Nothing can hurt me in my nightmares
- Fear and negativity do not define me, so that means my nightmares don’t either
- It is ok to feel any emotions that go through my mind, so I will feel them and then release them
- All nightmares have a beginning and an end, and I have the power to get through them
- My bed is my safe space and will comfort me if I have a nightmare
Bedtime Affirmations For Gratitude
Another great type of bedtime affirmation is of course the type that incorporates gratitude into it. The most common type of affirmation that people use is all about gratitude, so why not bring it into your bedtime routine?
Showing thanks and gratitude for the day just before you go to sleep can really help to put your mind in a positive place and you will feel happier and more relaxed afterward. This in turn will help you get a better night’s sleep.
Let’s have a look at some bedtime gratitude affirmations now.
- I am thankful for the day that I have had
- I am safe, I am fed, and I am grateful for the blessings I have received today
- I am thankful for my loved ones and for being able to spend the day with them
- Though today has been challenging, I am thankful for the lessons it has taught me
- I have completed all my tasks for today and I am grateful I had the strength to do so
- Today was a good day and I am grateful for that
- I did my best today and I am grateful the universe has my back
- The mistakes I have made today do not define me. Tomorrow I can start again
- I am grateful I got the chance to experience today
- I let the stress of today go and I am grateful I now get to rest
Tips To Help You With Your Bedtime Affirmations
Now that you have some great bedtime affirmations to work with, it doesn’t hurt to have some tips to help you use them further. Each of these tips will really help you get in tune with bedtime affirmations and will enhance your sleep.
- Repeat the affirmations you use as many times as you need to. There is no limit to how many times you can use them.
- Affirmations work differently for everyone, so say and use them in a way that feels best for you.
- If you don’t want to say the affirmations out loud or in your head, consider buying a journal or notebook where you can write them down instead. Lots of people find this method works better for them.
- Choose affirmations that are relevant to you at the time. You don’t have to say the same affirmations every night, and if your situation changes, you can definitely change the affirmations up.
- Do not rush the affirmation process. You want to be in a state of relaxation and peace, and you really want to believe what you are saying in order for it to work. Take as much time as you need to say your affirmations.
These tips will really help you feel free when you are using your bedtime affirmations. No two people do the same thing for their affirmation routine, so don’t feel like you’re doing it wrong!
Whatever way works best for you is all that really matters. Affirmations are personal and you want to make sure that you connect to them properly.
Remember To Set Up Your Environment For Sleep Too!
Another thing you can do to make sure these affirmations have the desired effect is to set up your room accordingly. If you want to feel sleepy and relaxed, you need to make sure your bedroom fits that criteria.
There are lots of things you can do to make your environment more sleep and relaxation friendly. You especially want to make sure you have peace and quiet, so before anything else, turn off your tv, music, or whatever else you have on.
In fact, try and turn off any electronics. This not only helps to get you in the mood, but it will also train your body and mind to know that it’s time to sleep.
You’ll also want to turn off any lights or have the appropriate night lights turned on. When you have the right lighting, this can also make you feel more relaxed and your body will be more ready for sleep.
And finally, make sure that you are totally comfortable in your bed. Get into a position that you find to be the most relaxing, close your eyes and give yourself a chance to sink into a sleepy feeling.
The more relaxed you are, the more successful you will be in falling asleep faster!
Trying to fall asleep when you can’t is an incredibly stressful experience. But when you know how to combat it, it won’t be a problem for much longer.
Try out these affirmations today and see which ones work best for you. And remember, you can change up the affirmations to fit your own personal situation too!